Request a Free Quotation Now
Ball & Waite Removals have been successfully completing Commercial Relocations for over 40 years.
As part of the Specialised Movers group and our team of fully insured professionals have extensive experience in commercial/business relocations in both the Public and Private Sectors.
Whether you are a smaller business relocating locally, or a multi-national company relocating to another country, we have the right expertise and resources to plan and implement the most effective move on budget and on time!
Our aim is to relocate your business with as little down-time and disruption to you, your staff and most importantly – your customers.
Our Commercial Services
- Office Moves of any size, whether to a new location or simply within the same floor/building
- Factory moving
- IT and Server relocations
- Crates Hire (please see our crate hire section for more detailed information)
- Safe and Machine moving
- Library Moving – our moving group has successfully relocated hundreds of libraries of all sizes from smaller school libraries to University and City libraries
- Museum Moving – from single artefacts to full museum relocations
- Storage – indoor containerised storage
- Disposal – office furniture, electrical items We also have 0ut in house ethical disposal policy
- for environmental management, as well as Waste carriers licences
- Shredding – we provide a confidential waste disposal service and are accredited with the British Standard BS 15713
Your Commercial Move – Getting it Right
Trying to plan your move can often be very difficult, especially if you are trying to fit this in with your own job. You can feel very unsure of what is required, with dozens of worrying questions such as;
- How long will the move take?
- How much down-time will my company need?
- Are there hidden extras in a moving service?
- What about insurance?
- What about health and Safety?
- Site protection?
The list is endless, and while you spend your time thinking about the above, your own work suffers.
You need definite answers and a working plan
The Commercial Moving Process
The Initial Inspection/Survey
- Assessment of the items to be moved, quantities, special requirements, special packing etc
- Logistics, timescales, out of hours working i.e. nightshifts; any vehicle issues such as parking permits, access requirements at both loading and unloading addresses
- Insurance values
- Health and safety issues; risk assessments and method statements – we are both CHAS and Safecontractors accredited
- Contingency planning – just in case your requirements change during the move!
Building Protection: this will include floor, wall, stairwells, and lift protection. Our operatives will apply protective measures in advance of the move that may involve boarding for tiled floors, correx padding for walls and “gowns” for lifts.
Packing: transit wraps, carding, export wrapping or packing – we can supply all your packing material requirements, or our specially trained staff can do the packing for you
Crates: If you are packing files, stationery, computers etc, then you will quickly become very familiar with packing crates. These are hard, durable plastic lidded (security) crates which carry the equivalent of 1 x filing cabinet drawer of files and paperwork. Please look at our Crates section for more information. Computers are packed and placed into larger computer crates for protection.
Load and transportation
Air-ride suspension provides for a smooth journey – especially essential for your IT
We also have specialist tail-lift vehicles for moving heavier items such as servers, printers, copiers, safes, fireproof cabinets etc.
Secure containerised storage – if you need it
We only leave site when you are satisfied that everything is in place.